Tropical Storm Idalia is moving toward the Carolina coast as a Tropical Storm with 70MPH winds.
ABOUT 40 MI...65 KM W OF SAVANNAH GEORGIA
ABOUT 115 MI...180 KM WSW OF CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...70 MPH...110 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NE OR 35 DEGREES AT 21 MPH...33 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...984 MB...29.06 INCHES
WATCHES and WARNINGS In Effect:
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* St. Catherine's Sound Georgia to South Santee River South Carolina
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Volusia/Brevard County Line Florida to the North Carolina/Virginia border
* Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Beaufort Inlet to Ocracoke Inlet North Carolina
* Neuse and Pamlico Rivers North Carolina