More information to come.
Text ALERTMARTIN to 888777 to receive emergency alerts.
Community Information Line:
Residents can call 772-287-1652 to have their storm-related questions answered between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
The Special Needs Program provides assistance to eligible citizens during a disaster or when an evacuation has been ordered. This can be sheltering at a general shelter or a special needs shelter that includes limited medical oversight and needs, like oxygen, as well as evacuation transportation to and from the shelter. Residents must pre-register and must renew each year. Residents can register online and click on the "Online Registration" button or call the Martin County Special Needs Coordinator at 772-287-1652.
Emergency shelters will be opening on Sunday, Sept. 1 for affected residents, officials said.
Below is a list of the shelter locations:
- Port Salerno Elementary School, 3260 SE Lionel Terrace, Stuart
- Jensen Beach High School, 2875 NW Goldenrod Road, Jensen Beach
- Hidden Oaks Middle School, 2801 SW Martin Highway, Palm City
- Warfield Elementary School, 15260 SW 150th Street, Indiantown
- Anderson Middle School (Special Needs), 7000 SE Atlantic Ridge Drive, Stuart
What to bring:
- Three to five days of non-perishable food (for those with special diets)
- Water, medication, clothing, toiletries, snacks
- Bedding, pillows, cots, sleeping bags
- Identification, important documents, cash and flashlight
- Books, magazines, quiet toys for kids
- For infants: Food, supplies, diapers, blankets, bedding, clothing
What not to bring: