Helpful Tips and Tricks for a Better Night's Sleep on World Sleep Day
First the pandemic, now add the time change, a stressful news cycle and the return to in person work and it’s no wonder that our sleep is suffering.
Here are a few suggestions from Mind Body Green on how we can get a better night's sleep.
- Screen Time: Turn 'em off 60-90 minutes before bedtime.
- Late Dinners: Don’t eat within two hours of bedtime and try to eat at the same time every night.
- Alcohol: Stop drinking four to six hours before bed.
- Heat: The magic temp is 65 degrees for optimal sleep.
- Procrastinating: Work backwards from the time you need to rise to get sufficient sleep.
- Late Night Workout: Get your gym time in four to six hours before you go to bed.
- Lying down before you’re ready for bed: It leads to restlessness